The intersection of Route 205 and Colonial Ave is on this week’s VDOT scheduled for installation of a yellow flashing arrow.
This 1.2 million dollar project has been in the making since 2016 and installation of the lights began in February of 2018.
Schedule for all instillations for the current week:
Beginning October 9, Tuesday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Crews will be working at the following intersections to install flashing yellow arrows at several traffic signals in the Fredericksburg District to help drivers turn left safely against oncoming traffic. Flaggers will direct drivers through the intersection. Virginia State Police will assist with traffic control. Expect brief delays near the following intersections.
King William County
|· Rt. 33/Rt. 30 (14th St.) / Rt. 33 (14th St.) and Rt. 30 (Main St.) / Rt. 129 (Main St)|
|· Rt. 33 (14th St.) and Rt. 298 (Lee St.) / Rt. 1101 (Lee St.)|
|· Rt. 360 (Richmond Rd.) and Rt. 360 / Rt. 3 Business (Richmond Rd.) and Rt. 3 Business (Main St) and Rt. 1004 (Court Cir.)
· Rt. 360 (Northumberland Hwy.) and Rt. 200 (Jessie Dupont Memorial Hwy.)
- Rt. 1 (Jefferson Davis Hwy.) and Rt. 661 (Hudgins Rd.)
- Rt. 17 (Mills Dr.) and Rt. 2 (Sandy Lane Dr.) / Rt. 17Business / Rt. 2 (Tidewater Trail)
|· Rt. 17 (Mills Dr.) and Rt. 608 (Massaponax Church Rd.) / Rt. 635 (Lee Hill School Dr.)|
|· Rt. 17 (Mills Dr.) and Rt. 771 (Cosner Dr.) / Rt. 1035 (Dominion Pkwy.)|
- Route 17 Business/Route 2 (Tidewater Trail) at Lansdowne Road
|· Rt. 208 (Courthouse Rd.) and Rt. 636 (Hood Dr. / Houser Dr.)|
|· Rt. 208 (Courthouse Rd.)/Entrance to Four Mile Fork Shopping Center|
|· Rt. 628 (Spotsylvania Pkwy.) and Hospital Entrance|
- Route 218 (Butler Road at Route 1166 (Castle Rock Drive)/Entrance to the YMCA
- Route 610 (Garrisonville Road) and Route 1624 (Parkway Boulevard)
- Rt. 205 (McKinney Blvd.) and Rt. 205 Business (Colonial Ave.) /Entrance to McDonald’s
Colonial Beach News